With Freyr Energy, you can save money and contribute to a more sustainable future.
Solar Panel Efficiency Tips & Strategies
1. Purchase the Right Solar Panels
For solar panel efficiency, not all panels are equally efficient. There are three main types of solar panels: monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin film.
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels: Monocrystalline solar panels are well-known for their high efficiency, longevity, and output power. This solar system price is the most expensive in comparison with others. These streamlined and small-footprint panels have a life expectancy of up to 25 years and an efficiency rate of 15% to 24%, outweighing the costs in the long run. On the other side, colder climates could affect how well they work.
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels: Polycrystalline solar system price are less expensive. However, they have lower efficiency and power production. Compared to monocrystalline solar panels, these panels require more roof space and have a blue tint that might not match your home's interior design. However, they may provide electricity for 25 to 35 years and perform well in drier climates.
- Thin-Film Solar Panels: Thin-film solar panels offer the least efficiency and power production but are the most cost-effective solar system price. They perform well in small-scale systems and are unaffected by heat or shade. However, they are the least efficient and produce the least amount of electricity, and they only last 10 to 20 years.
For Homes & Businesses with no space constraints, polycrystalline & monocrystalline panels are both equally good options and provide a good return on investment
2. Do not Install Solar Panels in Shaded Areas
Shading can significantly impact solar panel efficiency, reducing up to 40% of the potential solar generation.
- Impact: The impact of shading can vary based on the location and time of day. Shading on even a single panel can cause a reduction in the output of the entire solar system, reducing its efficiency. It can also cause hotspots that may damage the panels over time.
- Solution: You can opt for advanced panel technologies, like microinverters or DC optimizers, to help the system adjust to partial shading. Additionally, installing panels in an ideal setting can help maximize solar panel efficiency. Regular maintenance and cleaning of the panels are also essential for optimal performance.
At Freyr Energy, we do a detailed shadow analysis and suggest the placement of the solar panel array in such a way that no shadow falls on the panels.
3. Solar Panel Orientation
When it comes to finding the best solar panel in India, solar panel orientation is also a crucial factor to consider. Essentially, solar panel orientation refers to the direction in which the panels are facing, with the true north being the reference point instead of the magnetic north pole.
It will ensure that your panels get the most exposure to sunlight throughout the day, resulting in maximum electricity production.
On the other hand, for homes located south of the equator, the ideal orientation is facing true north. This orientation will also provide the best exposure time to the sun, allowing your solar system to generate the most energy possible.
If you're installing solar panels for your home in India, it's best to have them facing south. It allows the panels to capture the most solar radiation, resulting in maximum solar generation for your household.
4. Clean the Panels Regularly
In order to ensure the longevity and efficiency of solar panels for home, it is crucial to keep the panels clean. Cleaning your solar panels at least once every week is generally recommended to maintain their productivity and effectiveness.
However, one question that may be on your mind is whether or not your solar panels need cleaning. The answer is yes, and the frequency of cleaning depends on various factors. For example, if you reside in an area with less rainfall, you may need to clean your panels more frequently than those living in regions with more precipitation.
Dirty solar panels are less efficient than clean ones, resulting in a loss of output ranging from 1.5% to 6% annually due to the accumulation of dust or other particles. In areas with higher pollution or dusty environments, the output loss can range from 2% to 50% for conventional solar panels.
5. Monitor the Panels Regularly
If you're a proud owner who invested in a solar system for home, you're likely enjoying the cost-saving benefits and feeling good about your positive impact on the environment.
The first step in monitoring your solar panel system is to determine the exact method that your solar installer has used for monitoring. Some systems come with a monitor, while others require you to track energy production through your solar inverter.
If your solar panels are newer, they likely have monitoring software installed, which your installer can set up to operate through your inverter.
Regular monitoring of your solar system has several benefits. For starters, it can help you identify potential issues early on, allowing you to address them before they become more significant problems.
Check the weather conditions to ensure that you're comparing your energy output to similar weather patterns. Ground-mounted solar panels are easier to check for damage, while roof-mounted panels are suited for professionals.
In India, where solar energy is increasingly becoming a popular choice for homeowners, investing in a solar system for your home is a smart decision.
6. Consider Using High Concentrated Photovoltaic Cells
When it comes to the solar system for home, there are many options to consider, including standard photovoltaic (PV) panels and high-concentration photovoltaic (CPV) systems. While CPV technology offers more than double the efficiency of standard PV, it has struggled to gain traction due to aggressive price dumping by manufacturers.
These robust solar cells can be used in the solar system for home and can handle a concentration ratio of a thousand or more while still being nearly three times more efficient than a traditional PV cell made of silicon.
Investing in a solar system for home with a moderate initial cost and long lifespan may eventually provide better value over time.
Whether you opt for standard PV or CPV, it's significant to consider the efficiency and lifespan of your solar panels.
7. Freyr Energy: Consult with Experts to Install The Panels
Are you considering installing the best solar panel in India for your home but need to know where to start? Our company aims to reshape the rooftop solar systems in India and custom designs systems specifically to meet your energy needs.
Reach out to us today to receive a quote for the solar panels for your home. With over 350 channel partners network across the country, we are just a call away.
Once you contact us, we will work closely with you to understand your energy requirements and design a solar panel system that is perfect for your home. Check our proprietary SunPro+ technology platform and know more now.
Our team of certified installers will complete the installation of your solar panels for your home quickly and professionally. Within just four weeks, you can start enjoying the benefits of renewable energy. If you want to know more about why you should switch to solar energy, click here.
Contact us today to get started on your journey to sustainable energy!