Are you worried about how to measure the output of a solar panel system? If yes, here we have all the answers you are looking for. A solar panel system is designed to convert solar energy into usable electricity for your household.
Power Output from a solar system might depend on-
- The solar irradiation captured by the solar panels.
- The location in which your solar power plant is installed.
- The quality and efficiency of the panels.
- Even the components used to make the entire solar system can change the output of the solar panels.
- The angle of Solar panel installation also plays a significant role.
When we talk of solar panels, these are the factors that might determine the efficiency of the panels-
- The number of solar cells.
- Type of the solar cells
- Size of the solar panels
How to calculate the expected energy generation by a Solar panel installation:
Solar panel generation can vary with the amount of sunlight received, the efficiency of the panel etc. However, as a rule of thumb, one can expect a 1kW solar system to generate around 4 units of power every day or 1450 units of power annually.
It's important to note that these calculations are estimates and actual energy output may vary depending on factors such as weather conditions, shading, and panel orientation.
What Can Impact the Efficiency of Your Solar Power Output?
The efficiency of your solar power output depends on numerous factors. Here are some of the most common reasons that might be responsible for deciding the efficiency-
- Shading: Shading can significantly reduce the energy output of a solar panel installation by blocking or reducing the amount of sunlight that reaches the panels. Even partial shading of just a small area of a panel can have a disproportionate effect on the entire panel's performance, leading to reduced overall energy generation.
- Panel Orientation: The panels should be oriented in such a way that it gets the maximum amount of exposure throughout the daylight. In India, panels facing south receive the most sunlight and generate the most energy, while panels facing north generate the least. Panels facing east or west can still generate a significant amount of energy, but less than those facing south.
- Degradation rate: When planning solar panels for home in India, it's important to consider the degradation rate, which is the gradual loss of efficiency of the panels over time due to factors like temperature, humidity, and wear and tear, as this can affect the system's long-term energy generation potential. The degradation rate refers to the gradual loss of efficiency of solar panels over time, typically around 0.5-1% per year, due to factors like temperature, humidity, and wear and tear. This means that after 25 years, a panel with a degradation rate of 1% would produce around 75% of its original capacity, which should be considered when planning a solar installation in India.
- Cleaning: Cleaning solar panels regularly is important for maintaining their efficiency and maximizing energy generation. Dirt, dust, and other debris can accumulate on the panels, reducing their ability to absorb sunlight and generate electricity, so cleaning them can help to ensure optimal performance and increase energy output.
How To Measure the Overall Solar Power Energy generated:
You can understand the overall solar energy generated by tracking energy production through a monitoring system provided by Freyr Energy. Our App – SunPro+ syncs with the data in your inverter every 15 minutes to give you real-time updates and alerts on your energy generation. This can give you a better understand your system's performance and help identify any issues that may be affecting energy generation.
Today's savings, tomorrow's benefit – Download Sunpro+ App:
Opting for a Solar Power System at your home will help you save more and more. It will reduce your dependence on the electricity grid. With our modern tech and best solar systems, you can save more. The Sunpro+ App can help you in keeping track of your solar system on your mobile devices. It can also assist you with maintenance and calculating the overall output of the solar panel system.
With the Sunpro+ App, you can-
- Get customized and beneficial information on all your solar power needs.
- Save more on the Electricity bill.
- Learn about solar, order a system, track project status and monitor system performance
- Get 24*7 Personalized customer support.
Most frequent questions and answers
Solar power panels can produce different amounts of energy depending on the quality of the panels. But on an average, on a bright sunny day, when the plates are oriented correctly, your Solar panels for home can produce 300 Watts per hour.
If your solar panels can provide you with an output of 300 Watts and you get an average irradiance of 4 kWh/m 2/day, you will need 27-30 solar panels for each 1000kWh every month.
Yes, there are some states where solar power plants generate more electricity than others. It can depend upon the exposure of the panels to the sunrays. Different places get more exposure with better intensity that helps in generating more electricity. Gujarat is one such state. It reached a capacity of 7,806 MW in June.
You can increase solar power panel efficiency by maintaining the solar power plant. Keep it clear of dust and dirt. Position it correctly and also keep an eye on the degradation rate. When it’s necessary you can always change the panels to get the best out of your system.
Go Solar & Reduce Your Electricity Bill
Contact us today! Our support team will happy to help you.