What Is Roof Mount Solar?
Roof-mount solar panels are an excellent choice, as they can be easily installed on the roofs of houses or commercial buildings. The solar racking is directly mounted on the roof surface, securing the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and absorbing the sunlight to generate energy. It can be easily installed on any roof structure on exposure to sunlight, and sometimes, it requires a little tilted position to capture more sunlight.
- Rooftop solar system is space efficient and can be installed in small space
- Installation costs of rooftop solar panels are lower
- Seamlessly aesthetic solar system for home & businesses
- Secure and safe option as you can prevent it from unwanted elements and visitors
- Difficulty in roof repairs and requires penetration in shingle roofs
- The upfront cost is little high
What Is Ground-Mounted Solar?
The mounting structure is the basic difference between ground-mounted solar panels and rooftop solar panels. Contrary to solar rooftop panels, ground-mounted solar panels are installed on the ground using various tools such as pipes, tubing, or poles that are required to hold the panel on the ground. If you have limited roof space, you can go with this option, as these systems are designed to capture sunlight and convert it into electricity for various applications, such as residential power generation, commercial energy production, or utility-scale solar farms.
- Easy to maintain
- It can be installed without penetration at different angles
- Ensures optimal energy production in snowy weather
- Easily accessible and increases airflow
- Requires more space to install
- The installation process is complex and high
- Accessible for unauthorized visitors
So Why Should I Opt-In for Roof-Mounted Solar Panels?
There are several reasons to choose a rooftop solar system, and a few of the top reasons are listed here:
- Save the planet, one ray at a time: With the solar rooftop panel, you can combat carbon footprints and promote renewable energy. It helps in mitigating greenhouse gas emissions and saves the planet.
- No yard? No problem: Limited space is a common issue in urban areas; hence, installing rooftop solar panels is an efficient solution. You can generate renewable energy without having more land with the installation of panels on the roof.
- It looks good : Rooftop solar panels are a statement of aesthetics that improves the value of your residential or commercial space. One of the best things about solar rooftop panels is that they can be easily installed on the existing structure of the buildings.
- Protect your investment: There's a low installation cost, and by installing panels on the roof, you will require no maintenance to the roof. The solar panels will work as a protective shield and increase the lifespan of your roof.
- Improved energy production: Installing solar panels on the roof ensures abundant sun exposure throughout the day. This tends to produce more energy or improve the energy production process. Ultimately, it cuts the electricity cost and better investment return.
Ground-Mounted Solar Panels - How Is it Better?
There's no end of discussion on ground-mounted vs. rooftop solar panels, and here are some of the considerable points to choosing ground-mounted solar panels for your home's energy needs:
- Easy access: Easy accessibility is the top advantage of installing ground-mounted solar panels. Without any safety measurements and ladders, ground-mounted solar panels can be installed. Moreover, easy accessibility improves the life of the panel as it can be easily cleaned, maintained, and repaired.
- Better angle: It can optimize a high amount of solar energy as there's no requirement for penetration. It offers the flexibility to adjust or tilt the solar panel in any direction or angle. This ensures better energy production, and you can build this in any specific location.
- Good performance in rainy weather and hillside areas: Ground-mounted solar panels allow you to generate energy even in worst weather conditions like rain. It works better in hillside areas by capturing the sunrays and converting them into energy.
Should You Choose Ground Mount Or Rooftop Solar Panels?
Whether you are looking for a home solar system or a commercial solar system, both ground mount and solar rooftop panels are ideal to install. There are a few things to consider while choosing a solar panel, such as your goal, energy requirements, property space, and the amount you would like to invest. However, if you decide to go solar, there's a range of advantages that comes with solar panel installation, from low electricity bill to a greener future. It's just up to you to choose an ideal option to accomplish all your needs.
If you have limited space and low investment cost, solar rooftop panels are great to install. On the other hand, ground-mounted solar panels are best for people who have more space and want more environmental benefits. However, going solar should be everyone's priority to make a healthier and greener future.
Solar energy is the future, and the above discussion on ground-mounted vs. rooftop solar panels might help you make the right choice. If you're still confused about which mounted panel to choose, Freyr Energy can help you with the best solar panel installation services that fit your needs. It provides a complete range of solar panel systems for residential and commercial spaces at a minimal price. It offers advanced solar panel designs and other supportive services to improve a sustainable future.