What is Solar energy?
Solar energy is the energy from the sun and the most abundant resource on Earth. Solar energy can be captured and used in several ways like generating electrical or thermal energy for homes, businesses, utilities, etc. Solar energy is a sustainable source of energy and serves a huge significance for our better future.
Solar panels can be a great asset that will help to reduce global warming. It is not only renewable and sustainable energy but can help us to reduce global warming, improve air quality and so much more.
How will solar energy benefit cities?
The transition from fossil fuels to better and clean energy is a major change. There are a lot of reasons behind which a city might want to go renewable like improving air quality, reducing the energy bill, instant access, and many more.
- Improving air quality – Solar has the least negative impact on the environment as compared to other energy sources and can improve air quality. Fossil fuels emit fatal by-products like carbon dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, mercury, and many more whereas, this doesn’t seem to be a problem with solar panels as they don’t emit any dangerous gases. Solar energy is a renewable and sustainable source of energy which means it can be used time and again an increase in the use of solar panels will produce more energy and help to alleviate problems like smog, acid rain, climate change, and a lot more.
- Financial – If you live in a city, you probably hate the electricity bill and there is no way to help it except switching to a better and great alternative. Living in a city would lead to more consumption of electricity in order to meet our needs. Saving money is one of the major reasons to switch to solar. This will not only help the environment but also, save you from a dent in your pocket by paying all the electricity bills
- Accessible everywhere – There are many areas in a city which are not so developed as the other ones which mean fewer opportunities. Solar energy can be a great help to solve this problem. As long as there is sunshine, solar energy can be installed anywhere. Everyone will have access to solar energy at the least amount of cost. Solar systems will improve the lives of thousands and lakhs of people.
Why should you use solar energy?
- Good for the environment – Solar energy is safe and environmentally friendly as it doesn’t release any greenhouse gas, except for needing a source of clean water to function. Solar power is self-sufficient and installing solar panels is a safe and easy path to a sustainable future.
- It is a free source of energy- As long as we have the sun, we have access to solar energy. Sun provides us with energy more than we could ever optimize. Solar panels help the environment and are also cost-effective. Installing solar panels is a one-time cost and the operational costs are very less as compared to other forms of power generation.
Conclusion: The impact of solar power is very low as compared to other power generation methods. Solar panels have a lot of benefits like the operational costs are incredibly low, it is cost-effective and a great alternative to fossil fuels.